Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 1


May 9, 2011
The first night was rough. We didn’t go to bed until 1 am and I woke up at 5 am because I could not sleep anymore. However, breakfast at the hotel was very good. There were so many different kinds of foods to choose from, mostly Vietnamese style foods. I wasn’t very adventurous with the food this morning but tomorrow I will try more of it.
When we got to UEF, University of Economics and Finance, we had a welcome ceremony first thing. Our professor gave a speech and so did a few of the UEF professors. Also, a few students sang songs and a girl performed a traditional dance for us. All of the students were so nice and I talked to a few of them. I am excited to get to know them more and go out places with them.
After, we had a language class and learned a short conversation. How to say hi, what’s your name and how to answer, and nice to meet you. It is a difficult language to learn because it is tonal so words change meaning with the way you say it. But the UEF students help us learn all the words.
We had a group welcome dinner at a nice restaurant and they served us seven courses which was amazing, but almost everything had meat in it so I got to order something extra. I can’t wait to go out to restaurants and eat Vietnamese foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment